Effective Minute Taking Course
Effective Minute Taking Course
Ask any Minute Taker in any organisation, large or small about problems they face at work when taking down Minutes for meetings, and you will usually find that communication, organisation, listening skills, co-operation and understanding are at the heart of the problem.
This one day Minute Taking course aims to allow delegates to understand how to maximise their Minute Taking skills in Formal, Informal and Action Planning meetings. The course will also enable delegates to develop professional Minute Taking skills including using their organisational, listening and critical thinking skills whilst utilising their understanding of body language to enhance their minute taking styles, together with, working in harmony with the Chairperson and building rapport with the meeting participants, in order to maximise their accuracy of the Minute Taking process.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is targeted at members of staff who are new to the role of Minute Taking and whose position depends on being able to accurately record meetings and capture Minutes successfully. This includes receptionists, administrators, secretary’s, PA’s and anyone who is seeking to maximise their Minute Taking skills in work based situations. It can also act as a “refresher” to those individuals who have not attended formal training for a while.
No matter who you are or what you do, whether at work or in the community, you are likely involved in meetings. Meetings are costly, whether they are held in a company boardroom or at the local coffee shop. To ensure that meetings are productive and worth the expense involved, three ingredients are necessary:
- an Assurance of Closure
- a strong Chair or Leader
- Accurate Minutes
It has been said that if accurate minutes have not been recorded, then the meeting may just as well not have taken place. If people can’t remember or agree on what actually occurred at a meeting, how can the group effectively accomplish its objectives? After this one-day workshop you will understand your role as a Minute Taker and the best techniques for producing Minutes that include all the essential information needed, as outlined below:
- The Role of the Minute Taker
- What is a Minute Taker?
- Problems and Solutions
- The Skills of a Minute Taker
- Key skillsListening Skills
- Critical Thinking skills
- Organisational Skills
- Meeting Agreements
- The Chair
- The Minute Taker
- The Participant
- Minute Styles
- Formal & Informal
- Action minutes
- What to Record?Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- The Minute Book
- Action Planning
At the end of this Minute Taking course, delegates will:
- Recognise the importance of Minute-Taking.
- Develop key Minute-Taking skills
- Understand the Problems and Solutions of Minute Taking
- Learn techniques to improve your Listening Skills
- Use Critical Thinking Techniques when taking Minutes
- Be organised before, during and after Minute Taking meetings
- Understand how reading body language can support your Minute taking
- Know how valuable a good working relationship with the Chair of meeting can improve your minute taking
- Be able to resolve many of the complaints that affect Minute Takers.
- Be able to write Minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, informal meetings, and action minutes.
- Be an efficient Minute Taker in any type of meeting.
- Be able to prepare and maintain a Minute Book.
On completion of the Effective Minute Taking course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes & Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Special dietary requirements are catered for. Free Wifi is also provided.
If you have 4 delegates or more who require training in this area, it is often more cost effective for us to come and deliver the training "in-house" at your workplace, wherever you are located in the UK.
We can either deliver the course as "Standard" as described above, or we can offer a more "Customised" version where we re-design the content and focus on the particular issues you are looking to have addressed within your team.
To maximise the learning opportunity for the delegates in attendance, we can train a maximum of 12 people on this course in any one session.
OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY
0.00 average based on 0 ratings