Management and Leadership Training Course – 1 Day
Management & Leadership Training Course
1 Day Programme
Managing others can be one of toughest challenges we face at work. The Management & Leadership course gives an excellent induction into the field of Management as it covers the complete A-Z of what a manager needs to know when performing in this responsible and demanding role. By using a combination of theory and practice, this 1 day Management course is designed to increase your confidence in the field of Leadership and Management, and to provide you with the essential knowledge and toolkit of skills to work with confidence in this challenging, but very rewarding area.
By the end of this course you will understand:
- The roles and responsibilities of an effective Manager
- How to get the best from others by applying effective management techniques
- How to lead your team to success by being given an insight into recognised Leadership styles
- How to apply a variety of communication styles when dealing with a range of differing personalities
- How to motivate teams and individuals and how to drive their performance to deliver outstanding results
- How to develop the people within your team by delivering feedback effectively and by setting them SMART Objectives
- Recognised tools and techniques used to understand behaviours and handle any conflict that may emerge amongst members of your team
- How to drive the productivity of your team by applying effective delegation and time management techniques
Suitability – Who should attend?
This 1 day Management course will benefit anyone who manages, leads, or supervises a team and who is looking to develop their skill, confidence, knowledge and understanding of how to inspire their team to deliver outstanding results and to be recognised as being an effective leader and role model to others. It is suitable for managers who are carrying out a managerial role but who have not yet received any formal training by means of a formal management course and for those who have recently been appointed to a management position. It is also suitable for managers who are looking for a refresher management course. The course is a very popular choice with team leaders and supervisors from a variety of different backgrounds as it covers all industries and sectors.
- Defining the Role of the Manager
- Understanding the difference between Leadership and Management
- Motivating your people towards success
- Managing workloads through Effective Delegation
- Managing Performance and setting Goals and Objectives
- Delivering Feedback Effectively
- Holding Difficult Conversations regarding under performance
- Getting the most out of Team Meetings
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks,
- Copies of slides
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings