Leadership and Management Course – 2 Days
Leadership & Management Training Course
This 2 day “Essential Leadership Skills For Managers” course will give managers, supervisors and team leaders the leadership skills and training they probably never received when first promoted. We have found that the majority of people within this role have been asked to “learn as they go” and have never received the essential leadership training that is required to help them perform effectively in their role. So we have carefully put together this 2 day Leadership training course to give you the confidence, skills and tools required to proceed in this very challenging area. We use a blend of theory and practice to facilitate your learning and to help increase your confidence, leadership and supervisory skills in a safe, controlled and non threatening environment.
What our customers say about our Leadership training course
Suitability – Who should attend? – Leadership Training Course
Supervisors | Team Leaders | First Time Managers | Project Managers | Sales Managers | HR Professionals | Change Managers | Anyone looking to move into a Leadership or Management position
This course will benefit anyone who currently manages, leads, or supervises a team, or is embarking on a new role as a Manager. It can also act as a “refresher” to existing managers who are looking for fresh ideas and renewed inspiration to lead their team.
By the end of this Leadership training course you will understand:
- The Roles and Responsibilities of an effective Leader/ Manager
- The Skills, Attributes and Qualities of an effective Leader/ Manager
- How to establish your Credibility and Authority as a Manager/Leader
- How to lead your team to success by applying a range of recognised Leadership Styles to suit different situations
- How to apply a variety of Communication Styles when dealing with a range of differing personalities
- How to Motivate Teams and individuals and drive their performance to deliver outstanding results
- How to develop the people within your team by delivering Feedback effectively
- How to use recognised tools and techniques to understand behaviours and handle any Conflict that may emerge amongst members of your team
- How to Manage difficult personalities and behaviours within your team
- How to drive the productivity of your team and manage workloads by applying effective Delegation techniques
- How to Manage the Performance of your people
Course Content – Leadership Training Course
Essential Leadership Skills For Managers
Building and Maintaining An Effective Team
- Defining exactly what a “Team” is
- Identifying the benefits of Team Working
- Identifying the characteristics of an Effective Team
- Understanding how Teams “grow” over a period of time, and the importance to the leader of knowing & understanding this
The Principles of Understanding “Team Chemistry”
- Understanding the mix of personalities and behaviours that exist within all teams
- Understanding how different personalities compliment and conflict with one another
- The practical applications of understanding different personalities and behaviours of people
Leading Teams Effectively
- Defining the "characteristics" of an effective Leader
- Defining the "behaviours" of an effective Leader
- Considering how a Leader should behave and carry themselves
- Understanding “unacceptable” behaviours of a Leader
- Defining different “styles” of Leadership and when best to apply them
- Understanding the overall Role of the Leader
- Understanding how to enhance Leadership Credibility
Managing the Performance of a Team & Individuals
- Defining the term “Managing Performance”
- Understanding when Performance should be managed
- Tools, Systems & Processes to Manage Performance
- Examining common performance issues through a range of Case Studies
- Understanding the principles of Delegation
- Understanding how to plan & structure a meeting to discuss an individual performance issue
Maximising Leadership Communication
- Understanding the importance of Effective Communication for a Leader
- Defining the 3 key elements of Communication
- Understanding how to maximise the 3 key elements
- Understanding what prevents Effective Communication taking place
- Understanding and maximising the power of "Questioning & Listening"
- Understanding and maximising the power of "Feedback" as a Communication tool
- Understanding as to how to recognise different personalities through their Communication Signals
- Understanding the "Behaviour" of Others
DiSC Behavioural Profile
In order to enhance the quality and effectiveness of this course, we include a DiSC Behavioural Profile Report for every delegate in attendance, and the course trainer will dedicate part of the session to explaining how this extremely powerful and practical tool can be used and applied in the workplace in a wide variety of Management situations.
Each delegate will be required to complete a 10 minute online questionnaire in advance of the course which will generate a 20 page personalised report giving a very detailed insight into your own particular “behavioural style”, which will be yours to keep and take away.
On completion of the two day Leadership and Management course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes & Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Free Wifi is also provided.
If you have 4 delegates or more who require training in this area, it is often more cost effective for us to come and deliver the training "in-house" at your workplace, wherever you are located in the UK.
We can either deliver the course as "Standard" as described above, or we can offer a more "Customised" version where we re-design the content and create Case Studies and Group Exercises that are "tailored" to your industry/sector/company, and will focus on the particular issues you are looking to have addressed within your team.
To maximise the learning opportunity for the delegates in attendance, we can train a maximum of 12 people on this course in any one session.
OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY
Submit your review
0.00 average based on 0 ratings