Management Training Course – 1 Day
3 CPD Points
Management Training Course – 1 Day
Managing others can be one of toughest challenges we face at work. This one day Management training course gives an excellent induction into the field of “Management” as it covers the complete A-Z of what a manager needs to know when performing in this responsible and demanding role. By using a combination of theory and practice, this 1 day Management course is designed to increase your confidence in the field of Management and Leadership, and to provide you with the essential knowledge, strategies and toolkit of skills to work with confidence in this challenging, but very rewarding area.
What our customers say about our Management Training Course
Amazing course! Recommended to all managers, no matter their level of experience. The trainer was great and the pace and content of the course were excellent☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆D. Quesada Lead Marketing Associate Atmos International
Excellent course which has helped with my confidence and I think I will be able to implement better feedback. The trainer is an excellent teacher and imparted knowledge extremely well.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Harvey Accounts Technician, CDS
“An excellent, enthusiastic and engaging day with Tom. Really useful and I will definitely use you again. Thank you so much.”☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Charlotte B Senior Account Manager
“I really enjoyed Tom’s course it was super informative and well structured. It had a good level of interacting and I’m leaving feeling empowered and excited to put my learning into practice in the office.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Liv S. Head of Production & Account Management
Tom has some great real life experience to share with the participants. He tailored the course to meet our needs for the day. Really enjoyed it and have learnt a lot from it. I would highly recommend this course.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Fiona D Global Operations Co-ordinator
“This course was really enjoyable. I will be implementing new ideas and adapting my style of leadership to improve my team. I really liked that we were all involved in giving our ideas of what we thought about the subject.”☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Rigel S Team Leader
“I really enjoyed everything about this course. It was so informative and there was a really friendly atmosphere. I will take a lot away from the day”.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Laura G Exams Officer
“A great course. The pace was good using real life experience and stories to back this up. The notes on the slides were excellent too. I very much enjoyed the day."☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Kimmy Y Software Developer, Krescendo
By the end of this 1 day Management Course you will understand how to:
- Define the “Role” of the Manager
- Understand the difference between “Leadership” and “Management”
- Motivate your people towards success
- Manage workloads through Effective Delegation
- Manage Performance and set Goals and Objectives
- Deliver Feedback Effectively
- Hold Difficult Conversations regarding under performance
- Get the most out of Team Meetings
Course Content – 1 Day Management Course
Defining the characteristics and behaviours of an Effective Manager
- Making the step up from “Employee” to “Manager”
- Learning how to create an appropriate distance from the team – managing the shift from friend/colleague to Manager
- Establishing credibility and authority as a Manager
- Recognising what are “unacceptable behaviours” as a Manager
- Understanding different “styles” of Leadership and Management, and when to best apply them
The Principles and Practice of Developing People Within the Team
- Inducting individuals to a Team – getting them off to a good start
- Clarifying the “role” of team members
- Understanding the principles of Training, Developing and Coaching staff
- Motivating staff through effective feedback
- The principles and practice of conducting effective 1 to 1’s with individuals and having the “difficult conversations”
- The importance of setting SMART Objectives and Goals with staff with regards to managing their performance
Managing the Team’s Time & Workloads
- Understanding the basic principles and benefits of effective Time Management
- Diagnosing the causes and symptoms of poor Time Management
- Helping staff to define their priorities
- Tools, strategies and techniques to help staff manage their time effectively
- Using the principles of Delegation to develop the team and manage the managers time.
Getting the Most From Team Meetings
- Planning, Structuring and Chairing a Meeting effectively
- Maximising participation from a Meeting
- Ensuring actions are followed up and “Actioned” from the Meeting
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
This 1 day Management course will benefit anyone who manages, leads, or supervises a team, and who is looking to develop their skills, confidence, knowledge and understanding of how to inspire their team to deliver outstanding results and to be recognised as being an effective leader and role model to others.
It is suitable for Managers who are currently carrying out a Managerial role but who have not yet received any formal training by means of a formal Management course, and for those who have recently been appointed to a Management position. It is also suitable for Managers who are looking for a “refresher” Management course in order to acquire new ideas and inspiration.
The course is a very popular choice with Team Leaders and Supervisors from a variety of different backgrounds as it covers all industries and sectors.
On completion of the Management training course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes & Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Free Wifi is also provided.
If you have 4 delegates or more who require training in this area, it is often more cost effective for us to come and deliver the training "in-house" at your workplace, wherever you are located in the UK.
We can either deliver the course as "Standard" as described above, or we can offer a more "Customised" version where we re-design the content and create Case Studies and Group Exercises that are "tailored" to your industry/sector/company, and will focus on the particular issues you are looking to have addressed within your team.
To maximise the learning opportunity for the delegates in attendance, we can train a maximum of 12 people on this course in any one session.
OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY
0.00 average based on 0 ratings