Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): The Basics
Training Course Overview
2 CPD Points
With pretty much every company jostling to reach the top of Google, understanding the key ranking signals you need to implement and the latest Search Engine Optimisation practices, is vital to your brand.
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and techniques that you need to improve how your website performs within the major search engines and how to satisfy your visitors. Our trainers have a wealth of experience in making websites search engine friendly and will teach you the skills you need for your own.
By the end of our Introduction to SEO course, you’ll walk away with the ability to:
- Describe how search engines work, including key Google algorithm changes
- Describe the importance of on-site SEO and best practice for optimising page content
- Conduct keyword research and complete competitor analysis
- Recognise the importance of link building and off-site optimisation
- Measure the progress of an SEO campaign effectively
- What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- Why is SEO important
- What are “organic” search results?
- How do search engines work – crawling, indexing and ranking
- Guidelines – White Hat vs Black Hat
- How SEO has changed
- Before you start, ask questions
- What tools can you use?
- Selection and Prioritisation
- Traffic volume
- User intent
- Short and Long Tail search terms
Creating an SEO Strategy
- What are the objectives?
- Keyword targeting
- Competitor research
- How is your organisation doing?
- SEO Tools
On-Page & On-Site SEO
- The role of meta data
- Creating your content
- Implementing keywords into content – Keyword density
- Internal links
- Site structure
- Building effective landing pages
- Schema & Markup
- Basic technical SEO issues
- Link building and authority
- Effective use of social media
- Content marketing
Measuring & Tracking SEO Success
- Keyword rankings
- Monitoring tools
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is looking for their website to appear higher and more easily in Google’s search results, as well as other search engines. This is an Introduction to SEO and therefore, no prior knowledge is required.
Level of Course
On completion of the Search Engine Optimisation: The Basics training course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes and Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Free Wifi is also provided.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings