Self Esteem and Assertiveness Course
Self Esteem and Assertiveness Training Course
This one day Developing Self Esteem, Assertiveness and Personal Effectiveness training course will provide each learner with the knowledge and skills to understand themselves and others and to learn more about who they are, in doing so they can develop and adapt effective skills to help them manage their performance both personally and professionally in a range of different situations.
This comprehensive programme is designed to unlock the potential in delegates on a personal and professional basis. The course allows delegates to develop strategies for “being all they can be”, both inside and outside the working environment. Delegates will come to recognise their own “behavioural styles” and the behavioural styles of others and in so doing, gain an insight into how they may influence, connect and have a positive impact on relationships and situations, both in and out of work.
At the end of this course attendees will understand:
- How to “Assert” themselves in a range of different situations
- How to project a confident demeanour to others on a variety of occasions
- How to maximise their communication skills for maximum benefit in a range of situations
- How to unlock a greater percentage of their potential in order to get more out of life and work
- How to become more personally effective in business and in life
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is targeted at any member of staff wishing to develop the skills and confidence to control and manage themselves more effectively at work, at home and in life generally, in a variety of situations.
Introduction to The Field of “Assertiveness”
- Defining what the term “Assertiveness” means
- Understanding the key skills in behaving “Assertively?”
- Understanding the benefits in behaving “assertively”- Why bother?
- Identifying “real life” assertive people – how do they act/behave?
- Understanding why some people are assertive and some are not
- Key “tips” for becoming more Assertive?
- Using Assertiveness Skills in a range of situations
- Understanding what the term actually means?
- Understanding the key elements & skills to Communication?
- Understanding the main barriers to Communication (what hinders it?)
- Understanding what “Rapport” means and how rapport building can increase an individual’s level of assertion
- How questioning and listening enhances the impact of Assertiveness
Developing “Self Esteem” & Becoming “Personally Effective”
- Understanding on what the term “Self Esteem” means to people and how this helps/ hinders people in life and business?
- Understanding on what the term being “Personally Effective” means to people and how this helps/ hinders people in life and business?
- Understanding on why people are the way they are - Nature/Nurture?
- Understanding on what is meant by “Unlocking Potential”
- Understanding on what helps or hinders someone’s ability to Realise Their Potential
- Understanding of “Self-Talk” and the part it plays in unlocking people’s potential
- Understanding on the “practicalities” of unlocking people’ potential
- Understanding on how to maximise personal impact & influence over others
- Understanding on how to establish “personal credibility” in the eyes of others
Projecting a Professional Image
- Maximising our "personal impact"
- Understanding how to "look and sound confident"
- Understanding the “power of appearance”
- Understanding how to make powerful "first impressions"
On completion of the Self Esteem, Assertiveness and Personal Effectiveness course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes & Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Free Wifi is also provided.
If you have 4 delegates or more who require training in this area, it is often more cost effective for us to come and deliver the training "in-house" at your workplace, wherever you are located in the UK.
We can either deliver the course as "Standard" as described above, or we can offer a more "Customised" version where we re-design the content and create Case Studies and Group Exercises that are "tailored" to your industry/sector/company, and will focus on the particular issues you are looking to have addressed within your team.
To maximise the learning opportunity for the delegates in attendance, we can train a maximum of 12 people on this course in any one session.
OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY
0.00 average based on 0 ratings