Effective Time Management
Effective Time Management Training Course
This 1 day Effective Time Management course is designed to give you the practical skills to tackle common problems that are associated with poor management of time. Rather than giving you excuses for repeatedly missing deadlines, procrastinating and not actioning important tasks, feeling overloaded and disorganised, the Time Management Workshop provides a range of Time Management tools, techniques and strategies that will enable you to actually take control of your time by planning and prioritising tasks effectively. This will serve to enhance your overall effectiveness and allow you to achieve more, in shorter periods and will give you back a sense of control.
3 CPD Points
- Feel like work and life are managing you rather than the other way around?
- Procrastinate and put off jobs that really need to be actioned?
- Often run late and over schedule yourself?
- Feel the need to make excuses for being late, missing deadlines or not being in control of a situation or your workload?
This Time Management training course will give you an understanding of how important and precious time is to you and others around you, and will give you the skills to reduce interruptions and minimise time “wasters” and time “stealers”. By the end of the course you will have been taught the skills to improve your own Time Management through better planning; prioritising; delegating; controlling your environment; understanding yourself and identifying what you will change about your habits, routines and attitude.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to possess more effective Time Management skills and to make more productive use of their time in both "personal" and "professional" situations. This could include Senior Managers, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Line Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Administrators, Case Workers and anyone who has to manage a challenging workload, prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines.
Prior to the course we ask delegates to identify the key areas of their work which are most important and require the most attention.
During the course, the training consultant will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in and outside of the workplace.
This course is delivered as "blended learning" which includes 1 full day in the Classroom along with a number of e-learning modules which can be studied in your own time after the classroom training has taken place. The modules take approximately 35 minutes to complete, and once they have been successfully completed, you will be able to download and print your personal CPD accredited digital certificate. You will have unlimited access to the online materials for 12 months, which you are able to use as a "refresher" after the training has taken place. Please click here to view the details of the-learning element of the course. There is no additional cost for the CPD accreditation.
The Effective Time Management training course is designed to cover the following areas:
– Defining Time
- What do we mean by “Time Management”?
- Recognising what good and poor Time Management is
- Understanding the causes and symptoms of poor Time Management
- Identifying “Time Stealers”
– Managing Time – A Process for Success
- Understanding the purpose of your job “Why are you here?”
- Understanding your Objectives
- Identifying your responsibilities and priorities
- Planning your tasks versus time available
- Urgent versus Important
- Meeting deadlines
- Eliminating “Time Wasters”
– Practical Tools & Techniques to get the most out of your job and your life
- Tools and techniques on how to prioritise your workload
- Using modern planning tools to optimum effect to develop proactive planning
- The importance of “Objectives” in Managing Time
- Controlling your emails
- Effective "In-Tray" Management
- Utilising Scheduling tools – “To Do” Lists and Daily Time Logs
- Ensuring a work/life balance
- Reducing Stress in your life
- The “Psychology” of Time Management
- General Principles of Time Management
– Managing Other People’s Impact on your Time
- Asserting yourself with others
- Delegation Skills
- Managing Interruptions
– Making it Work
- Q & A session on other Time Management issues
- Creating a practical and personal action plan to implement back in the workplace
On completion of the Effective Time Management Course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes & Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Free Wifi is also provided.
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
If you have 4 delegates or more who require training in this area, it is often more cost effective for us to come and deliver the training "in-house" at your workplace, wherever you are located in the UK.
We can either deliver the course as "Standard" as described above, or we can offer a more "Customised" version where we re-design the content and create Case Studies and Group Exercises that are "tailored" to your industry/sector/company, and will focus on the particular issues you are looking to have addressed within your team.
To maximise the learning opportunity for the delegates in attendance, we can train a maximum of 12 people on this course in any one session.
OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY
0.00 average based on 0 ratings