Winning Ways to Set Appointments On The Phone
1 Day Programme
This 1 day ‘Winning Ways to Set Appointments on the Phone’ course is aimed to help delegates who are responsible for setting appointments for others, or for themselves where they wish to make the appointment prior to a face-to-face meeting. They will develop and use a proven range of skills, tools and techniques to engage with people on the telephone in a much more effective and considered way.
Covering the tough topics such as getting past gatekeepers, and warming up the clients for the actual follow-up sales appointment – will make a big difference to your business.
It will build confidence and allow them to spend their time much more productively, and also pre-prepare the sales team for when they attend their appointments.
Winning Ways to Set Appointments on the Telephone
The programme covers the essential steps that need to be under-taken in order to plan and engage with potential new clients on the telephone – especially where there is little or no existing relationship. It is aimed to build your confidence and skills, and ultimately your daily approach. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain and understand what your potential clients have to manage themselves in a typical day – and how this affects their response to your telephone call
- Clearly articulate what the W.I.I.F.M is (for the customer) from your call
- Learn how to turn a potential ‘cold call’ into a ‘warm’ and conversational discussion that will be received well
- Find out how to listen more on the telephone instead of using too many questions
- Techniques of identifying what customers see as the ‘hook’ or reason for continuing the call / agreeing to an appointment
- Understand the ways to effectively move past ‘gatekeeper’s and handle those ‘difficult objections’ that often arise
- Learn how to create interest in your potential customer, and then sell the appointment so that they want to know more!
- Learn the importance of following up the call, and confirming the appointment
- Create a weekly engagement and time plan to suit your customers, sales team and you, with knowledge of how to apply the approach you have chosen
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course will benefit anyone who is responsible for setting appointments and making contact with for the first time. It will provide you with structure and guidance, and more importantly approaches for gatekeepers, and difficult people who don’t welcome your call. It will also give you confidence when talking to the right person to be able to only make the appointment (and not sell your companies products / services).
This one day course is designed to cover the following areas:
- Exploring the changing face of ‘cold calling’ and customers expectations when dealing with people over the telephone
- A ‘day in the life’ of your prospect…
- Key reasons behind high rates of success and the ‘likeability’ factor of the callers
- Identifying what the ideal appointment getting person would be ‘saying & doing’
Winning Ways to Set Appointments on the Telephone
– The Importance of Researching the Customer, and Your Own Offering
- How to quickly and effectively research your prospects / call list in the 4 main areas i.e. personal; their role; their business; their industry - using the Web, Linkedin and Trade /Sector Publications etc.
- What we know about your own products / services and organisation, and how it can be used to make a difference
– How to Quickly Build Rapport and Trust on the Telephone
- Why first impressions count; and how we can shape the impressions we convey over the telephone
- Creating a professional image on the telephone (words v tone!)
- Choosing our persona for the ‘initial opening’ and ‘lasting impression’
- The elements of ‘Trust’ and how to demonstrate and build it on your calls
– How to Create Curiosity and Developing Your Planned Approach
- The use of ‘curiosity’ to engage with our prospects – how to develop the topics that will create it
- Identifying what is important to your prospect i.e. using the ‘who’, ‘what’, ‘why’ model for engagement
- Deciding on the ‘approach’ you will use through the call; practice scripting – examples of good and bad approaches
- Developing and finalising your script; script tests (with Peers)
– Implementing the Call
- Identifying who your talking with; and using the appropriate approach
- Making a Gatekeeper discussion productive
- Managing a referral / colleague discussion
- Listening skills; using verbal nods and looking for engagement ‘hooks’
- Questioning skills that will shape the right outcome
– Turning the Conversation into an Appointment
- Over-coming objections
- Examining the common tactics used by gatekeepers / prospects to avoid committing
- Examining the common phrases, and the ideal riposte’
- Avoidance approaches to avoid being drawn into a sales discussion
- Using the ‘curiosity’ or ‘hook’ information to demonstrate the ‘worth’ of the prospect agreeing to an appointment
– Confirming the Appointment
- The importance of an immediate ‘thank you’ and confirming the appointment
- For you; the referred sales person; your business
- How to add value after the call – to continue building ‘Trust’ in the relationship between your business and the prospects
- What actions need to be undertaken prior to the meeting
- Action Planning session for delegates to focus on their plans for the following week
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack, which includes:
- Course workbooks, templates and key reading materials
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to identify their ‘hooks’ and topics to create customer curiosity; their specific call approach; personalised phrases for objection handling, and a partial filled activity plan for the following weeks calls – that can be extended into a full blown plan back in the office.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings