Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills
Influencing & Negotiation Skills Training Course
Most people are involved with negotiations at some point in their lives, whether this is in a personal context or in a workplace situation.
There are many ways to describe negotiation – influencing others to achieve your goal or objective, reaching an agreement, bargaining, persuading, gaining an advantage, getting what you want from a given situation. The whole purpose of Negotiation is to find a solution that benefits all parties. This Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills course will teach you a range of concepts, methods and approaches to persuading and negotiating with other people in different circumstances and will equip you with the necessary toolkit of skills to have the ability and confidence to influence a situation to your own benefit and advantage.
What our customers say about our Influencing and Negotiation Training Course
I have never been on a more profound training course, it covered every objective that I wanted to address, and I am genuinely excited to try some of the techniques in the workplace. Many thanks to Alan, the course trainer for a brilliant two days. I found the whole experience life changing.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Neil J Programme Manager
Brilliant, I got a lot out of this course. There was a lot of group interaction and tailoring to suit our needs. The trainer was excellent, and I’d definitely book another course with Courtney Associates.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Mark H Senior R & D Associate
There was a very good atmosphere during the course and it was very engaging. It was set at a good pace and there was enough time to talk about the subject and discuss within the group. Excellent course.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Katsa S Infrastructure Architect
Fantastic! Really enjoyed the session and have a lot to think about. The course was interactive and friendly, and I would definitely book another course with Courtney Associates.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Danielle H Senior Accouonts Assistant
Very enthusiastic, encouraging, engaging course trainer. A lot of the course material may seem obvious but you are forced to redefine and reconsider communication in a whole new way. The power is already in you. You just need to know how to harness and release it.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Victoria D Senior Producer
Tom has an infectious nature and instantly has your attention. I found the course very interesting and helpful and would highly recommend.☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Michelle N Sales Negotiator, The Property Hive
I was worried that the course wasn’t going to be as effective as there were only three delegates attending the course, but it meant the day was really relaxed and it was even better that we were in a small group. I’m going to book my manager onto this course as it was excellent!☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Kelly H Centre Manager
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is targeted at anyone wanting to improve the influence they have over different people & situations in their professional and personal lives.
What Will I Learn?
This 2 day Influencing and Negotiating course will teach you a range of methods and approaches to persuading and negotiating with other people in different circumstances. You will have the ability to influence a situation to your own benefit.
Introduction and overview of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Defining Influencing, Persuasion & Negotiation
- Identifying times when we "influence, persuade and negotiate" in and outside work, both formally & informally
- Identifying the key technical & interpersonal skills of influencing, persuading and negotiating
The Principles and technicalities of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- A step by step guide to Influencing
- Challenging others’ views
- Handling objections to your argument
- Identifying common ground
- A step by step guide to Persuading
- Developing a line of reasoned argument
- Using positive language
- Planning your argument
- Asserting yourself
- A step by step guide to Negotiating
- Defining what you want from the negotiation
- Planning to Negotiate
- The importance of “variables” in any negotiation
- The importance of “power” in any negotiation
- Structuring a negotiation meeting
- Negotiation styles and techniques
- Moving to a “Win Win” solution – myth or reality
- Tactics, tools and techniques of negotiation
Opportunity to put all of the day’s learning into practice through a Negotiation, Influencing and Persuasion simulated exercise.
The Interpersonal Skills of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Maximising your communication skills when Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- The power of words, tone of voice and non-verbals when Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Using Assertive Behaviour to ask for what you want
- Making a compelling case for something you want
- Managing resistance and conflict
- The importance of questioning and listening in Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- The importance of “Rapport”, “Connecting” “Self Presentation” and “charisma” in Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
Identifying your natural Negotiating style
- Recognising your preference and others
- Impact of different styles
- When to apply different styles
Opportunity to put all of the programme’s learning into practice through a final Negotiation, Influencing and Persuasion Simulated exercise.
DiSC Behavioural Profile
In order to enhance the quality and effectiveness of this course, we include a DiSC Behavioural Profile Report for every delegate in attendance, and the course trainer will dedicate part of the session to explaining how this extremely powerful and practical tool can be used and applied in the workplace in a wide variety of Management situations.
Each delegate will be required to complete a 10 minute online questionnaire in advance of the course which will generate a 20 page personalised report giving a very detailed insight into your own particular “behavioural style”, which will be yours to keep and take away.
On completion of the Influencing, Persuasion and Negotiation Skills Course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes & Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Free Wifi is also provided.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings