Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills
Influencing & Negotiation Skills Training Course
Most people are involved with negotiations at some point in their lives, whether this is in a personal context or in a workplace situation.
There are many ways to describe negotiation – influencing others to achieve your goal or objective, reaching an agreement, bargaining, persuading, gaining an advantage, getting what you want from a given situation. The whole purpose of Negotiation is to find a solution that benefits all parties. This Influencing and Negotiating Skills course will teach you a range of concepts, methods and approaches to persuading and negotiating with other people in different circumstances and will equip you with the necessary toolkit of skills to have the ability and confidence to influence a situation to your own benefit and advantage.
This 2 day Influencing and Negotiating course will teach you a range of methods and approaches to persuading and negotiating with other people in different circumstances. You will have the ability to influence a situation to your own benefit.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is targeted at anyone wanting to improve the influence they have over different people & situations in their professional and personal lives.
Course Content – Programme Day 1
Introduction and overview of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Defining Influencing, Persuasion & Negotiation
- Identifying times when we influence, persuade and negotiate in and outside work, both formally & informally
- Identifying the key technical & interpersonal skills of influencing, persuading and negotiating
The Principles and technicalities of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- A step by step guide to Influencing
- Challenging others’ views
- Handling objections to your argument
- Identifying common ground
- A step by step guide to Persuading
- Developing a line of reasoned argument
- Using positive language
- Planning your argument
- Asserting yourself
- A step by step guide to Negotiating
- Defining what you want from the negotiation
- Planning to Negotiate
- The importance of “variables” in any negotiation
- The importance of “power” in any negotiation
- Structuring a negotiation meeting
- Negotiation styles and techniques
- Moving to a “Win Win” solution – myth or reality
- Tactics, tools and techniques of negotiation
Opportunity to put all of the day’s learning into practice through a Negotiation, Influencing and Persuasion simulated exercise.
Course Content – Programme Day 2
The Interpersonal Skills of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Maximising your communication skills when Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- The power of words, tone of voice and non-verbals when Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Using Assertive Behaviour to ask for what you want
- Making a compelling case for something you want
- Managing resistance and conflict
- The importance of questioning and listening in Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- The importance of “Rapport”, “Connecting” “Self Presentation” and “charisma” in Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
Understanding Others in the Context of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Using a recognised behavioural tool , this session gives delegates the opportunity to understand the behaviours of other people in a range of circumstances and how their behaviours will help or hinder your ability to negotiate, influence or persuade them to your point of view
Identifying your natural negotiating style
- Recognising your preference and others
- Impact of different styles
- When to apply different styles
Opportunity to put all of the programme’s learning into practice through a final Negotiation, Influencing and Persuasion Simulated exercise.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks,
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings