Finance for Non-Financial Managers Course
Finance for Non-Financial Managers Training Course
Finance is an inescapable part of business, which is why it is so important for businesses of all shapes and sizes to understand how it works. Our Masterclass in Finance for Non Financial Managers training course is designed to break down technical financial jargon for managers who need to understand the financial impact of their day-to-day business decisions. This interactive workshops aim to allow delegates to understand the importance of finance in business and will teach delegates about the key concepts of how to interpret financial statements and understand how they impact on their business.
All businesses will benefit from this 1 day Finance course which takes out the “fear” of finance and breaks down the technical ‘jargon’ of finance. Providing delegates with an understanding of why finance is so important. This workshop is practical and interactive and gives delegates a chance to build a budget related to their work based environment and develop spreadsheets that will help them manage their business financial information with the opportunity to work on a cash flow forecast, either scenario based or on a live project they are managing the finances on. No prior knowledge of finance is required.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This interactive Finance For Non Financial Managers training course is targeted at any member of staff who wants to learn about the main financial elements of a business and develop an understanding of the impact of financial decisions.
Finance Course: Learning Objectives
- Why is Finance so important?
- Covering the Pricing of Products and Services, the Cost of Sale.
- Nett and Gross Profit.
- Breakeven Analysis
- Sales Forecast
- Cash Flow Forecast
- The Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss accounts
- How to build and manage a budget
- Understand and assess the effects of business activity on company accounts and the balance sheet
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Your Role in Your Company Finances
- What is Finance?
- Getting to Know the Players
- Record Keeping Terminology
• Accounting • GAAP • Bookkeeping ; Impact of journal adjustments, including Accruals and Prepayments
- Keeping a fixed Asset Register
Managing the FAR • Processing Depreciation
- Managing and Reporting on Project Costs
• Job Costing
- The Balance Sheet
• Balance Sheet Overview • Balance Sheet Terms • Assets and Liabilities • Fixed vs Current Assets • Liabilities and Equity
- Profit and Loss (Income) Statement
• Service and Sales Income • Methods of Recording Transactions
- Cash Flow Statement
• Format of a Cash Flow Statement • Credit Terms and Discounts
- Analysing Financial Statements
• Ratio Analysis
• Margin Analysis
• Variance Reporting
- Budget Basics
• Defining a Budget • Preparing a Budget • Types of Budget
- Using Excel for Analysis
- The Human Aspect
- Finance Jeopardy
0.00 average based on 0 ratings