Finance for Non-Financial Managers Course
Finance for Non-Financial Managers Training Course
Finance is an inescapable part of business, which is why it is so important for businesses of all shapes and sizes to understand how it works. Our Finance for Non Financial Managers training course is designed to give you an “introduction” to business finance and help break down technical financial jargon for managers who need to understand the financial impact of their day-to-day business decisions. This interactive workshop aims to allow delegates to understand the importance of Finance in business and will teach delegates about the key concepts of how to interpret financial statements and understand how they impact on their business. It also looks at basic accounting concepts such as cash flow, depreciation, cost behaviour, budgeting and working capital.
Suitability – Who should attend?
Any non-finance professional working within a company, business or charitable organisation, who needs to develop an understanding of Business Finance as part of their role will benefit from this 1 day Finance for Non Financial Managers Course.
The course is designed to take out the “fear” element of Finance by breaking down the technical ‘jargon’ and providing delegates with an understanding of why Finance is so important within a business context.
The course acts as an Introduction to Finance and no prior knowledge of Finance is required.
Finance Course: Learning Objectives
- Why is Finance so important?
- Covering the Pricing of Products and Services, the Cost of Sale.
- Nett and Gross Profit.
- Breakeven Analysis
- Sales Forecast
- Cash Flow Forecast
- The Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss accounts
- How to build and manage a budget
- Understand and assess the effects of business activity on Company Accounts and the Balance Sheet
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Your Role in Your Company Finances
- What is Finance?
- Getting to Know the Players
- Record Keeping Terminology
• Accounting • GAAP • Bookkeeping ; Impact of journal adjustments, including Accruals and Prepayments
- Keeping a fixed Asset Register
Managing the FAR • Processing Depreciation
- Managing and Reporting on Project Costs
• Job Costing
- The Balance Sheet
• Balance Sheet Overview • Balance Sheet Terms • Assets and Liabilities • Fixed vs Current Assets • Liabilities and Equity
- Profit and Loss (Income) Statement
• Service and Sales Income • Methods of Recording Transactions
- Cash Flow Statement
• Format of a Cash Flow Statement • Credit Terms and Discounts
- Analysing Financial Statements
• Ratio Analysis
• Margin Analysis
• Variance Reporting
- Budget Basics
• Defining a Budget • Preparing a Budget • Types of Budget
On completion of the Finance For Non Financial Managers course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes & Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Special dietary requirements are catered for. Free Wifi is also provided.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings