Managing Performance Course and Staff Appraisals
Managing Performance Training Course
(incorporating DiSC Behavioural & Psychometric Profiling)
2 Day Programme
Managing other peoples performance and their appraisals can be a very difficult task and requires the correct knowledge on how to monitor, motivate and improve your team. The 2-day Managing People Performance and Appraisals programme is highly participative and considers many of the different tools available to managers when it comes to monitoring, assessing and enhancing the performance of their team and individual team members. The course also touches on the issues of motivation, managing high performance and holding difficult conversations when performance is poor. Finally, delegates are provided with a practical approach to conducting a one-to-one appraisal, coaching or performance improvement interview to apply as part of their performance management activities in the workplace.
Note: Delegates will be requested to complete an online Behavioural Profiling Questionnaire which will generate a personalised, detailed report on the individual which will be theirs to take away and use in the workplace.
Managing Performance Course and Staff Appraisal
The course considers many of the “tools” available to managers to manage the performance of their team and individual team members. An approach to conducting a one to one appraisal/
coaching/performance improvement interview is provided and the course also touches on managing high performance as well as having the difficult conversation when performance is poor.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This participatory course is targeted at Managers and Team Leaders in organisations who are involved in managing the performance of employees, colleagues and team members.
Managing People Performance is designed to cover the following areas:
– Introduction to the Field of Managing Performance
- What Managing Performance actually means
- Tools to Manage Performance
- Tailored Case Studies depicting real life performance issues
– Introduction to the field of Feedback
- What Feedback actually is
- The importance of it
- Giving Feedback effectively
- Receiving Feedback effectively
– Managing Poor Performance & Difficult Situations
- Specific problems and difficult situations faced in the workplace
- Why such problems/situations occur
- Anticipating, preventing and dealing with such problems
- Planning and structuring meetings to resolve such problems/situations/people
– Managing Staff Appraisals
- Understanding what Appraisal is and is not
- Planning, structuring and conducting successful Appraisals
- Managing Appraisal documentation
- Managing staff’s attitudes and expectations of Appraisals
- Identifying staff training and development needs through the Appraisal process
– Objective Setting
- The importance of Objective Setting in Managing Performance
- Setting SMART Objectives
- Monitoring Objectives
– Motivation and Performance
- Understanding when Motivation is required
- Defining what we mean by Motivation
- Understanding what motivates/de-motivates people
- The importance of a motivated staff
- Creating a motivated culture
- Strategies and tips to motivate others
- Delegation and Empowerment as a means to motivating
– Coaching and Training Your People to Enhanced Performance
- What Coaching and Training is, and is not
- Planning, Coaching and Training activities
- Identify Training and Coaching needs
- Implementing Coaching and Training
- Evaluate the success of your Coaching and Training activities
On completion of the Managing Performance Course, delegates will receive a Delegate Pack which includes:
- Comprehensive Course Notes & Workbooks
- Contact details for Course Trainer for 3 Month Post Course Follow Up
- Courtney Associates "Certificate of Achievement"
The price of the course also includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day in one of our high quality training venues, which are conveniently located in the city centre of 5 major cities. Special dietary requirements are catered for. Free Wifi is also provided.
If you have 4 delegates or more who require training in this area, it is often more cost effective for us to come and deliver the training "in-house" at your workplace, wherever you are located in the UK.
We can either deliver the course as "Standard" as described above, or we can offer a more "Customised" version where we re-design the content and focus on the particular issues you are looking to have addressed within your team.
To maximise the learning opportunity for the delegates in attendance, we can train a maximum of 12 people on this course in any one session.
OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY
0.00 average based on 0 ratings